Sunday 22 July 2012

Post #21 : 2 Days of Ramadhan


Ramadhan Mubarak to all Muslim! Second day into Ramadhan..just like a normal day for me, except I can't drink. This is quite a challenge since I need to drink frequently to keep my tongue and apparently my throat hydrated.

1 Ramadhan 1433H
Ramadhan started excellent for me. Went for terawikh prayer on Friday and fast on Saturday. I don't feel hungry at all, thanks to cancer I guess since I can't eat and only drink specially formulated milk. So, I'm used not to eating. Alhamdulillah, no feeling of fainting whatsoever!

Though my mouth and tongue does get really really dry. The side effect of radiotherapy that I have to deal for the rest of my life. I constantly have to gargle the solution for dry mouth the doctor gave me. Actually, they advised me not to fast it my mouth hurt. But, I can do it, but no talking and no going out door during fasting. Hahaha.

As for sahur, I tried eating congee my mother made (I love you Ma), but couldn't eat it. I settled with the formulated milk. For ifthor, I ate fried pasta and didn't hate the taste! Alhamdulillah! After Maghrib, we went to the mosque for Isyak and terawikh. Turn out, the mosque organise a simple tahlil before the terawikh, and it is planned for every night throughout Ramadhan. They did a full tahlil before ifthor at the mosque.

And I didn't watch tv or movies or Facebook that day. I keep on reading this book entitled "Imam yang Benar". The book narrated about the life of four great Imam of Ahlul Sunnah Waljamaah.


2 Ramadhan 1433H
For sahur today, I only drink the milk. I fell asleep after Subuh prayer since I did not sleep since last night. I don't know why I couldn't sleep for two days straight! Maybe it's a sign for me to utilize this holy month to the fullest..but being me, I ignore it :(

I still continuing my book from yesterday. It have 690 pages, good luck me! Haha. And no tv or movies for me. I hope I will able to uphold this no-tv-movies self ban until the end of Ramadhan or maybe longer :)

I actually hope to go out and buy some bookshelf and study table for my room but since my mouth is like the Sahara Desert, I wouldn't be appropriate for me to go out and gargle water in public, since it is actually makruh! If I stay quite and talk to no one, I wouldn't even need to gargle anything. Though at some point I have to because the pain become quite unbearable.

-Edit-
Didn't go to terawikh tonight. Mom and dad too. After Maghrib I fell asleep and just woke up. Feeling too tired today, don't know why though. But in any case, I hope to utilize tonight to the fullest, Insya-Allah

No comments:

Post a Comment