Thursday 21 June 2012

Post #6 : Friends?


Ok, see the picture? What is your first thought after seeing it?

My thought after seeing this picture? Well, at first it was funny. After that I was smacked by the reality. The majority of Facebook users have hundreds to thousands of "friends" in their friend list. Sometime I can't help but to wonder, do this person really know all those people in the friend list?

According to Oxford Dictionary a friend means a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations. So, the question here is, have you met your Facebook friend in real life? Do you have that bond of mutual affection?

I myself only have 157 people in my friend list. But I do know all of them. I've met 99% them before and these people have become part of my life at some point. The 1%? Well, I'm friend with them because they constantly remind me of reality, of who am I. Though I've never met them, I am still thankful for that.

From this picture, I can conclude that I should find those who would care for me as I would take care of them, have the same feeling I have for them, those that I can trust as they trust me.

How about you? Do you have friends like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment